Monday, March 03, 2008

Happy Birthday to Colin!


So here is a picture from Colin's first birthday party! Kira made a cake shaped like the Very Hungry Caterpillar, which I thought was such a cute idea. We love that book also! Colin thought the icing was sure delicious! Sawyer thought that the candle on the cake was meant for him to blow out, which he did! He also loved helping Colin open all of his presents, you would have thought that they were meant for him! Colin was a very cute birthday boy.

Well, I have a couple of cute stories about Sawyer that I have been meaning to post. Sawyer has really started talking a lot, and he comes out with some funny things now. Sawyer loves the movie Cars, and he loves his cars, and tools, and one of his favorite things to do is take his Lightning McQueen or truck, and do Pit stop with his tools, like they do in racing. We use all the tools and fix the tires, and put air in them and everything. Well, on the way to Kira's yesterday we passed an accident. Sawyer looked at the broken down car on the side of the the freeways, and with a very serious and earnest expression said, "that car need pit stop!" It definitely did!

Sawyer has also been learning how to count a little, and he recently has begun to say how old he is, and has been curious about how old Michael and I are. On Friday I asked him, "how hold is Sawyer?" He answered, "Two!" I said, "how old is Mama?" and he said, "three!" So I asked, "how old is Daddy?" And he replied with a grin, "Old!!" I am glad that I am three, not old.... :)

2 comments:

Mel said...

Hey you guys!
I found your blog on the Mainord's. Sawyer is so cute. Where are you living now? We are still in NJ, but we're moving to the Phoenix area in June. I love you blog!
Melissa Biggs

EmJay said...

What a cute story about Sawyer. It's hard to imagine him talking, let alone reasoning the way he does!