Tuesday, May 29, 2007

After a great game of frisbee-Michael, Sawyer, and cousins William and Daniel.

Sawyer and I flying a kite! Michael and I had the most fun flying the kite. Sawyer was interested for about two seconds, then he spent all his time wanting to play with an old tractor that was next to the field we were flying the kites in!

One more story for the day-Since we are moving this week, and we don't have to pack ourselves, I have been trying to get everything as ready as possible, so our move will be as smooth as possible. I wanted to refinish an old bookshelf that we have. There was a decorative molding piece at the top that we decided to take off. Michael had to saw and hammer it to get it out, and Sawyer thought that the hammer was the coolest thing he had ever seen! For the next two days, if he saw the bookshelf, he would yell, bang! bang! while he made a hammer motion with his hand. He went to sleep that night saying bang, bang! I am sure he was building something in his dreams that night. Needless to say, we had to hide the hammers, otherwise I think Sawyer's over-enthusiasm for construction could have left some serious holes in our walls and furniture!

No comments: